TextSoap Agent Release Notes
TextSoap Agent is built for macOS 12 (Monterey). Supports macOS 10.11.
- New: Cleaning is now done exclusively through keyboard drivers using cmd-C, cmd-V.
- Better support for Electron-based apps.
- Supports apps using cmd-C, cmd-V, cmd-A to copy/paste/select text.
- New: Link to TextSoap 8, Advanced Preference option
- Replaces textsoap8Agent, textsoap8Menu.
- New: Supports macOS 10.11 (for Link to TextSoap 8 option)
- Note: Some features may not be available on older versions of macOS.
- New: Keyboard driver will attempt Select All/Copy if initial Copy within an app does not work.
- New: Brought back support for showing group menu for hotkeys.
- New: Support for additional keyboard layouts (like Dvorak).
- Fixed: Can now read older shared group data format.
- Fixed: Agent now properly adopts user preference for check beta releases.
- Fixed: Displaying popover using global shortcut always defaults to specified cleaning behavior (apply within app).
- Fixed: Prevents potential crash if shared data wasn’t found from main app.
- Fixed: Popover group list now reflects group changes.
- Fixed: Preference > App Control changes were not properly updated.
- Fixed: Properly remove dynamic service items when “Install Custom Service items..” is unchecked.
- Fixed: Indicator when group is empty or does not contain any valid items in Services panel.
- Fixed: textsoapAgent now incorporates cleanFile AppleScript command.
- Fixed: Fixed sizing issue with Global Shortcuts Preferences
- Fixed: Removed spacer in prefs toolbar, which system accidentally highlights
New textsoapAgent: a separately downloaded app works with all variants of main TextSoap app. A new mechanisms provides a more robust and efficient interaction between agent and the main app for significantly better cleaning performance.
- Apple Silicon support
- Dark mode support
- Optionally preserves clipboard content when cleaning
- Support for Chrome, Brave, and VS Code
- Option to drive user-specified apps with keyboard
- TextSoap Menu
- New popup display
- Searchable cleaner list
- Options to determine how to proceed with processed text
- clean within the current app
- clean clipboard contents
- copy from current app, leave results on the clipboard
- Global Hot Keys
- Trigger single cleaner action
- Display list of cleaners from custom group
- Automate text cleaning with AppleScript support
- macOS (OS X) Services
- Services support has been reworked
- Optional standard service item (presenting dialog to select cleaner)
- Customizable cleaner service items based on custom group